February is Camellia Month
Every year, peak blooming season for Camellias is in the month of February. The weather usually warms just enough for those beautiful babies to start popping out all over town!
Gardens are ablaze with a sea of red, white and pink blooms and as long as the weather stays moderate, it’s a Camellia show in every yard! We invite you to come visit us! We have lots of great camellias just waiting to go to your garden! Visit Gene’s Nursery!
Things You Should Be Doing In February In The Garden
- Wait on Fertilizer – that pre-spring freeze is always a possibility.
- Plan to do any pruning just after the last blooms appear, but not early enough that new growth could be damaged by a late season freeze.
- Make sure your Camellias are well hydrated.
- Enjoy Your Blooms! They’ll be gone soon enough so take time to get out in the garden!
- Attend The Savannah Camellia Festival Feb 21-24, 2019
THE SAVANNAH CAMELLIA FESTIVAL 2019 IS HERE!!! FEBRUARY 21-24, 2019
If you live in or near Savannah, GA and have Camellias, want to have them, or just love these glorious fall and winter bloomers – we would love to have you join us – the Coastal Georgia Camellia Society – at our annual spectacular festival. Every year, we try and improve on what we did last year – and this year will be our best event ever.
Location – Coastal Georgia Botanical Gardens
2 Cane Brake Road, Savannah Ga 31419